We have all had the morning where we’re running late, and we cannot recall the “safe” spot we left our keys. According to Pixie’s Lost & Found Study, a smart location approach for iPhones that utilizes virtual reality to accurately display the location of missing belongings, this is a common phenomenon since Americans spent 2.5 days per year searching for lost objects.
Top missing or lost and found valuables are smartphones, house, and car keys, glasses, and shoes! What’s even more, people waste $2.7 billion every year getting the same products for replacement, and more than half of people are frequently late for school/work because of irritating checks. A few of the problems were reported in the Lost & Found Survey. Some of the main results involve:
- Once questioned the objects people misplace at least once a week, the most popular missing items are: TV remotes (45 percent), phones (33 percent), car & keys (28 percent), glasses (27 percent), shoes (24 percent) and wallets/purses (20 percent)
- Americans spend 2.5 days a year searching for lost items.
- The millennial generation is almost twice as likely to lose their belongings compared to the boomer generation.
- Baby Boomers are by far the most cautious group, with 55 percent saying that they’ve not lost their keys or phones in more than two months, compared to 23 percent of the millennial generation.
- Multitasking is the most preferred source of lost and found things with around half of Americans claiming that having to manage more than one job causes them to neglect where they have put an important object.
Costly Consequences of Lost and Found Objects
Apart from creating tension and anxiety, missing items may have a big effect on your daily life, with almost 60 percent of people reporting that they’ve been late for school or work because of the struggle for finding lost and found objects. In comparison, half of the participants missed a meeting or event looking for lost personal possessions.
Now, however, there are smart solutions to this issue. You should have a personalized ID tag for each of your valuables to prevent sending them a black hole while they’re missing. With this smart lost and found service, the tags that can be marked or added to the items will provide a website and call center information for rescuers to contact the mediator service. Your personal details will also remain private. But there will be a reward promise to motivate the finder to get in contact with the mediator for lost and found belonging. These tags will be applied to small or big objects and can be created depending on the needs.
The finder will reach us with a few taps on our user-friendly website. The special identifier that we apply to and tag would make it easy for us to link the object with the owner’s details. Therefore, no matter how many items you have or how many ID tags you need we include their details in our ID tag system, the lost and found PC or phone will meet the owner’s details in seconds.